Home Staging Success: Five Customer Service Secrets
Like most businesses, your home staging business can’t thrive without providing a high level of customer service. Exceptional customer service results in “raving fans” of your business—customers who are so delighted with your business that they can’t stop telling their friends and family members about you. Conversely, if you provide poor or mediocre service, you simply can’t expect to generate a positive buzz about your business. To that end, today we are going to share five secrets that will help you create the type of experience that customers can’t stop raving about.
1) The customer doesn’t always have to be right… but he or she should always be understood. Contrary to the old maxim, the customer isn’t always right. You can’t simply give an unhappy customer whatever he wants to make him happy. But you should always take the time to understand their perspective and their complaint. Don’t be dismissive—listen carefully and make it clear that you understand their frustration. In many cases, simply listening is enough to placate an unhappy customer.
2) Expectation management is the key to happy customers. “Under promise, over deliver” should be a core principle for your business. Don’t create unrealistic expectation for yourself. If a job will take you three days, tell the customer that it will be completed within five. That way, when you finish ahead of your deadline, they will be happily surprised and also provides a buffer in the event unforeseen delays arise, you won’t have to explain a missed deadline.
3) Become a resource to your customers. From time to time, customers will request help in an area that is outside your expertise. When that happens, don’t simply say “sorry—I can’t help you.” Instead, connect them with a professional that can meet their needs. Your customers will begin to see you as a valuable resource—somebody they can turn to for solutions. This is a fantastic reputation to build!
4) Instill a mindset of service in your employees. Employees in many businesses see customers as an annoying distraction. Explain that customers aren’t a distraction- customers are the top priority. The importance of this mindset cannot be overstated. If you and your employees don’t prioritize customer service, your customers will feel like an afterthought. Don’t let that happen!
5) Look for “WOW” opportunities. A “WOW” opportunity is a chance to go above and beyond the call of duty for your customer. This may mean finishing a project early. It may mean going to great lengths to resolve a challenge. Look for opportunities to blow the socks of your customers, so to speak. These days, consumers aren’t used to exceptional customer service—so when you provide it, it will stand out!
The level of customer service you provide will play a huge role in determining how successful your home staging business will be. Great customer service leads to loyalty on the part of your customers—and results in leads to more business referrals. Contact us today to learn more!